Wednesday 25 January 2012

Saving the Pennies....

Winters not winter this year and i dont like it..I like to get up on a frosty morning and wrap up, i dont like to get outside and find that im too hot in my scarf and hat, so please bring on a few more wintry days before spring comes and iv missed out completly... On a lighter note, i treated myself to a couple of Emma Bridgewaters mugs, i waited till there was a sale on because as you well know her stuff is e.x.p.e.n.s.iv.e!...
Iv decided that this year is going to be a year of saving the pennies, Iv been getting ahead of myself sometimes when i go food shopping and i end up spending a fortune! and so far iv saved myself at least 30 pounds a week buy just buying what i need and seeing of i could go down a brand, and its all helping towards my main goal of moving to a different house this year..Which if things go the way they are going i will finally have enougth money for a deposit in the next couple of months! Look at Patch, isnt he getting a big boy now, although because hes a mini Jack Russell he stills looks like a puppy... Iv decided that when we do move i will think about getting another small dog as company for him...
Anyhow, if your going to celebrate, have a wonderful Burns Night tonight and i will be back soon...

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

How exciting is it to save up for something special! I'm always looking for ways to save money, we want another pug to be friends with my Elsie! One day, one day! x

Kath said...

lovely photo of little Patch. You did exceptionally well to save as much as £30 per week, well done!!
I'm sure your plans will come true as you are so determined x

Meadow said...

Thanks girls, its been hard saving Kath and taken me quite a while to get where i am now, but im hoping it will be worth it in the end..I was buying DVD'S and bit for the house as well as the weekly shopping so thats where the extra money has come from..

A Pug sounds like fun Rebeccca,and soooooo cute!...

Rowan said...

I hope you achieve your goal of getting a new house this year - there's nothing like shopping with a list so you only get what you need. It's very easy to get carried away and just pop into the store ' for a few things' and come out with a huge trolley full:)

Meadow said...

Thanks Rowan, fingers crossed for 2012... Yeah iv been naughty and got carried away a few times in Asda.. Lol...xx.

www.au.essay-writing-place.com said...

The photos of Patch are fabulous! I've missed you posting.. I've several photos of me and my cat Slannon. I can't wait to post them.
Hugs,
Brandi